Search This Blog

Saturday, May 12, 2007

6th Sunday of Easter


The Entrance Antiphon for Sunday's liturgy tells us: Speak out with a voice of joy; let it be heard to the ends of the earth: The Lord has set his people free.
As the Gospel of John is one that I have been reflecting on, I will look only at the last verses: If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father; for the Father is greater than I.
What does this mean to me? First, I am happy, and I want to speak out with that voice of joy because Jesus goes to the Father. This is reason for joy - the Son, having accomplished his mission, returns to his Father. The whole mystery of the Trinity lies before me is this Gospel that also tells me that the Holy Spirit will be sent by the Father in the name of Jesus. Jesus gives us peace; I let his peace invade my whole being and bow before the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in wonder, awe, and adoration. The mystery of the Trinity is beyond my words and I am reminded that "God can never be grasped by thought, only by love."
Happy Mother's Day to all our mothers wherever they may be! I am so grateful for the gift of my own mother and also for the gift of Mary, Mother of Jesus and all of us!

No comments: