Search This Blog

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Resurrection of the dead, Life everlasting


Jesus tells the Sadducees who do not believe in resurrection that even Moses made known the truth that the dead will rise for the God of Abraham, the God of Issac and the God of Jacob "is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive."
I believe in the resurrection of the dead; every time I recite the Creed, I am proclaiming my faith in the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Yet, I do not know exactly what happens after death. It remains a mystery and no one has returned to tell us how this resurrection takes place.

I found the first sentence of the second reading from Paul to the Thessalonians to be good for my daily reflection. Paul prays: May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting encouragement and good hope through his grace, encourage your hearts and strengthen them in ever good deed and word." How much we need hope and encouragement today and need to pray for others to receive both hope and strength! We are loved, encouraged, strengthened so that we may live good lives and enjoy everlasting life! We need to believe this!

No comments: