Search This Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Through Julian's Windows


I did mention Obbard's book Through Julian's Windows in an earlier blog but did not add the book to my list of good spiritual reading. Now, I have done so and think that it is a book worth reading and reflecting over this summer. She quotes other mystics and gives a space for reflection as well as some prayers.
I am preparing you for my time away as I will not be writing my blog from July 8 to August 22. I am giving myself and you a long vacation as I will be attending a higher education meeting for the Society of the Sacred Heart at the University of San Diego and then making a month of retreat. I look forward especially to the month of prayer- July 15 to August 15- at the retreat house of the Sisters of the Holy Names; I also ask your prayer for this very important time. Our General Chapter will begin on July 16 in Peru so I will also be praying for that and for all of my readers, too. I know that I can count on your prayer, too, and will tell you about my retreat when I again begin writing on August 22.

In today's Gospel, Jesus asks us to come to him. Come to me all you who labor and are burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am meek and humble of heart and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy and my burden light.
It is a great Gospel to leave with you as I take off for San Diego and I hope all of us heed his invitation to come! Jesus wants us to come to him and to learn from him that he is meek and humble of heart. Let us pray for one another.

No comments: