Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday of the First Week of Lent

The Gospel for today is Matthew 25:31-40 when Jesus telss his disciples that;
"When the Son of Man comes in his golry, and all the angels with him, he will sit upong his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the king will say to those on his right, "Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink...'"

I think this Gospel reminds of us what we are to do during Lent - all the corporal works of mercy...Jesus still says to us today, "Amen I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me."
I am on Spring Break but hope and pray that this Lent will help me to be a sheep and not a goat when the Son of Man comes in his glory!

No comments: