Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Preparing the Feast of Mary Magdalene


Tomorrow is the feast of Mary Magdalene and I am preparing it today as I hope to begin a series of Letters from Maryland on Ignatian Spirituality tomorrow to prepare for the Feast of St. Ignatius on July 31. As you may remember, I will be away again for a week attending a meeting of Religious of the Sacred Heart involved in Higher Education and then a Provincial Assembly. Both will be in Chicago at Loyola University. That is why I planned to schedule ahead for the blog but am waiting to receive the Letters which I know will be helpful for all my readers.
With regard to Mary Magdalene, we forget what an important role she played in the Gospels. She was the one Jesus sent to tell the others that he was indeed risen from the dead. I often wonder what the rest of her life was like - I am sure she continued to tell others about Jesus and all that he had done for her. She was full of gratitude and joy and communicated her joy to others! That is the way I want to live!!

No comments: