Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2009

O Radiant Dawn...


The O Antiphon for today is "O Radiant Dawn, Splendor of Eternal Light, Sun of Justice: Shine on those lost in the darkness of death." This is the shortest day of the year and it is one on which we celebrate the Radiant Dawn. Christ is the Dawn that comes to shine on all of us who sit in darkness. This is a reason to be cheerful. If it is pouring rain, or cloudy, we still know that God is here with us even if the sun is not shining.
Here is the Litany of Humility that I promised to share. I do not know where it comes from originally, but it is powerful, I think, and I am trying to say it and mean it.

A Litany of Humility

From the desire of being praised, deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being honored, deliver me, Jesus.

From the desire of being preferred, deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being consulted, deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being approved, deliver me, Jesus.

From the desire of comfort and ease, deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being humiliated, deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being criticized, deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being passed over, deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being forgotten, deliver me, Jesus.

From the fear of being lonely, deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being hurt, deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of suffering, deliver me, Jesus.

That others may be loved more than I,
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be chosen and I set aside,
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be praised and I unnoticed,
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

Please pray for two special intentions; one is my sister-in-law who is now numb from her waist down and the doctors are not sure what is the problem and so she is having multiple tests and treatment and no results yet. I would really appreciate your prayers for both my intentions this week. Thank you.

No comments: