Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Save me, O God


Holy Week is so full of emotion. Today, in the Liturgy, Judas betrays Jesus with a kiss! And Jesus calls him friend!
The Psalms have been taking my attention. Today I am praying over Psalm 69 that begins:
Save me, O God,
for the waters have risen to my neck.

I have sunk into the mud of the deep
and there is no foothold.
I have entered the waters of the deep
and the waves overwhelm me.

More numerous than the hairs on my head
are those who hate me without cause.
Those who attack me with lies
are too much for my strength.

Let those who hope in you not be put to shame
through me, Lord of hosts;
let not those who seek you be dismayed
through me, God of Israel.

It is for you that I suffer taunts,...


The entire Psalm is worth reflecting on today.

No comments: