Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Eve of Pentecost

I was going to write about how school is over, but other ideas came instead!
The newspaper is telling us how much rain is needed and Miami has had only 2% of what is normal for June. June is when our rainy season really starts and usually there are showers every afternoon. It seems that when I taught summer school it always poured just at the time I had to leave for my 6:30 P.M. class. So far, we are lacking rain and it is causing concern to say nothing of the fires that have broken out just west of us. The four-foot snake in our garage may just have been searching for water, but I am so glad we had someone here painting and he killed the snake!
I guess I am not very spiritual today, but I am thinking about the Feast of Pentecost and what a gift the Holy Spirit is in our lives and how little we really know about his constant action and love. I want to be quiet for at least some extra prayer and imagine myself waiting with the Apostles and Mary for the coming of the Spirit. St. Madeleine Sophie wanted to live under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. And she wanted us to do the same and be very attentive to listen to the Spirit.
I am sure that there have been times for all of us when we have felt almost pushed by the Spirit. I guess I am praying that the Holy Spirit will continue to push us in the right direction and that we let ourselves be pushed!

No comments: