Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What do you want from God?

Today I am sharing a prayer exercise that I find helpful - again I am adapting it from "50 Ways to Pray" but I think one always adapts any prayer exercise to fit. The scripture passage that may trigger this exercise that is one where you use your imagination is Mark 10:35-40. If you remember, James and John went to Jesus and asked him to do whatever they would ask him. Jesus replies: "What is it you want me to do for you?"

Now, imagine you are there with James, John, and Jesus. You hear their request. What is your reaction? What do you want to say to them? What do you want to say to Jesus?
Hear Jesus say now to you: "What is it you want me to do for you?" 

What do you answer? Be honest.

Now, what does Jesus say to you. You may then want to continue the conversation. Actually, John and James might also have something to say to you, too. It might be good to write down whatever Jesus has said to you and how you feel about it. Maybe you will end by thanking Jesus or just being content to be there with Him.

No comments: