Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2014

Birthday of the Society

Today is the birthday of the society of the Sacred Heart.in 1800. We began with a very small group who made their vows in Paris. Another small group would come to America in 1818. Now we are in 43 countries revealing God's love wherever we are!
One of the greatest graces of my life was being able to go to the Academy of the Sacred Heart in St. Charles where Saint. Philippine Duchesne founded the first Sacred Heart school in America in 1818!
I received my vocation there.
After  a year in Rome that included six months at the Trinita dei Monti, I was sent to Chile where I spent twenty wonderful years. Having just had a near death experience has made me so grateful for the many graces given to me.
I invite all my readers to reflect back over their life and thank God for all the graces given to each. What better way to prepare for Thanksgiving!

No comments: