Search This Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2015

"Be made clean."

Mark's account of Jesus and the leper always touches me. The leper approached Jesus with humility and faith. "If you wish, you can make me clean." And Jesus, moved with compassion, "stretched out his hand, touched him, and said, 'I do will it. Be made clean.' The leprosy left him immediately, and he was made clean."
Have I the faith to believe that the same happens to me when I approach Jesus with humility and faith? Jesus waits for me to come to him. I know in my heart that He can make me clean.  Each time I receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation Jesus touches me and makes me clean. How will I approach the Sacrament of Reconciliation this Lent? Will I have the faith and humility of the leper who knelt before Jesus?

No comments: