Search This Blog

Monday, May 25, 2015

Feast of St. Madeleine Sophie



St. Madeleine Sophie founded the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1800 and then, when elected Superior General a few years later, governed it until her death in 1865. She is loved by children of the Sacred Heart all over the world. Today is also the celebration of  Memorial Day in the United States and it is Pentecost Monday, a holiday in some European countries.

I think I am going to spend some time in dialogue with Sophie. She is a very wise, maternal woman and has always seemed to have taken a special interest in my vocation, especially when I was sent to Chile. I have had some good conversations with her and will plan to do the same today before going out to dinner with all the Religious of the Sacred Heart in the Miami area to celebrate.

No comments: