Search This Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows



Today is the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows, Mater Dolorosa. It is a special Feast of Our Lady in the Society and some of our houses were consecrated to Mary under this title. Mary stood at the foot of the Cross; she was a strong, courageous, faithful and loving woman and still is. Perhaps she helps us to understand the mystery of the value of suffering.
I began the period of preparation for Final Profession in Rome in 1959 with forty-five other Religious of the Sacred Heart from all over the world. Our Mother General came to give us the opening conference on the day itself and it is one of the few things I have kept all these years, but I am afraid I must have lost it in this recent move. In looking for it, I found an article on the Sacrament of Reconciliation with wonderful quotes from Vatican II and Pope John II and it seemed so helpful I was wondering where I had found this as it was all in Spanish. I was quite astonished to find my name at the end of the article. I did write it, I think, when in charge of ongoing formation in Chile. I forget why but find it really helpful today. Maybe Our Lady of Sorrows wanted me to find it.

No comments: