Search This Blog

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Christ wants to be born in me!



Today is the last day of the First Week of Advent. It is time to see if what we are doing to prepare for Christmas is what we are being nudged by the Spirit to do, or are we just caught up in many material preparations? This is a busy season so we need to stop and slow down and just be with Mary and Jesus. In our Advent retreat we had this question from Meister Eckhart: "What good is it that Christ was born in a stable in Bethlehem over 2,000 years ago if he is not also born in me?
Why not conceive and give birth to Christ this Christmas? Now, I know that Christ lives in me, but I think this means letting Christ so identify with me that my actions are Christlike.
I have a spiritual friend here at Oakwood and we get together before feasts or during Advent and Lent just to spur each other on - for Advent we are saying what has been my prayer so often lately and we intend to say it often during the day and night to prepare for the coming of Jesus. It is the little song we so often sing here: "Breathing in, breathing out; I am calm, I am smiling; You in me, I in You. Present moment, wondrous moment, Peace to the world, peace to the world."

No comments: