Search This Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2019

How do I pray?

Now for the last verse of "Silence"

When you pray, be like a bird
endlessly singing before the Creator
its song rising like incense.
Pray like the turtle dove
and you will never lose heart.

I tried to copy an image of a bird but did not succeed. That is why I think I need a vacation. Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed thinking about praying like a mountain, a flower, the ocean, breath, and now like a bird.
The important thing about prayer is to just "Show up!" 
I think I pray more like the mountain in stillness and silence as that verse said, "Do nothing; just sit, just be;...it was the first verse and my favorite.
I have not forgotten that I promised to share some of the way my own prayer has developed over the years. I will get to it soon, I hope.

No comments: