Search This Blog

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe

Today is the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe and it is also the birthday of St. Madeleine Sophie. I took the habit on this day 69 years ago. That is a long time ago, but I remember my parents coming all the way from St. Louis on the train, staying in a hotel and then taking a cab to and from the convent. I had a dreadful cold but did my best to hide it. My parents went to New York afterwards and sent me a huge box of toys from Macy's for Christmas and we had such fun playing pick-up sticks, jacks, etc. on Christmas day.

Our Lady of Guadalupe has always been close to me as I had made the pilgrimage to her shrine when visiting in Mexico City when I was sixteen. Then, when I took the habit on her feast, I thought that was special and perhaps she had something to do with my being sent to the missions straight from final profession in Rome. I do know that Our Lady has always been there for me when I turn to her.
I had no internet access yesterday so could not write my blog.

No comments: