Search This Blog

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Growing old

One of my friends gave me this to see if I wanted to use it in my blog. It is from Theillard de Chardin:
"When sings of age begin to mark my body (and still more when they touch my mind): when the ill that is to diminish me or carry me off...strikes from without or is born within me; when the painful moment comes in which I suddenly awake to the fact that I am ill or growing old: and above all at that last moment whin I feel I am losing hold of myself and am absolutely passive within the hands of the great unknown forces that have formed me; in all these dark moments, O God, grant that I may understand it is You (providing only my faith is strong enough) who are painfully parting the fibers of my being in order to penetrate to the very marrow of my substance to bear me away within Yourself."

Let us pray for strong faith and complete surrender to the God who loves each of us with an infinite love!

No comments: