Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Late posting


 Yesterday I was busy both morning and afternoon with meetings and going out for my final visit about my new hearing aids. It is good to have them and to know how to change the four programs by using my App which I now need to learn to carry with me. I am happy with these new hearing aids and very grateful to the Society for making it possible to get them and a small mike that can pin on the person who is giving us a talk or even can be used in a restaurant. I wear my hearing aids from morning to night and find that some of my sisters do not do so. They have hearing aids and are not using them!

My reflection on Walking with Ignatius continues. I underlined a couple of passages on p. 139. It sys: "The Pope often mentions understanding life as a continual process of transformation, with ups and downs, times that are slow and plodding, and others that are steep learning curves."

The idea is that we can all change - God is merciful. "Experiencing mercy is the basis for improving ourselves because it is the expression of the love that forgives all. Only the one who loves, forgives. Mercy is the highest expression of the radical love through which the Lord relates to human beings."

No comments: