Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2022

Today is a Holiday honoring two Presidents


 I am realizing more of the greatness of many of our presidents because I am reading the book, The Soul of America: The Battle For Our Better Angels by Jon Meacham. I have not had time to read much yet, but I am really liking what I am reading. Meacham wants us to understand what is happening in present day America by looking back at critical times in our history when hope overcame division and fear.

What we need to do together is unite to overcome the intolerance and greed that is dividing our country. We need to pray much and continue to fight for voting rights for all. I think it would be good if anyone running for important office such as President, Governor, Congressman, should only be allowed to spend a certain amount as it seems to give more power to those who are rich or who cultivate the rich. I hate the money spent on lobbying when we could be helping those right here in the United States who are living in poverty. We have families who struggle to feed their children in a land where people can spend thousands of dollars betting on a game! Something is wrong, but we have come through many bad times, and I have hope for the future if we can just elect people who really do want to work for the common good of all.

No comments: