Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2022

First Friday of August


 Yesterday I asked what is your favorite image of God and today I thought that mine is definitely influenced by the statue of the Sacred Heart at Kenwood. It is a carved wooden statue that has a beautiful face of Christ, He has His arms outstreached and there is an image of His Heart. I have this picture in most of my Journals, but not in the computer so I also thought that I often think of Jesus as the Good Shepherd. This image means a great deal to me because of a prayer experience I had many years ago when still a novice. I was so convinced of the love and mercy of the Heart of Jesus that I have never doubted that love and this has been one of the great graces of my life.

I think it is good to take time to relect on the images of God that speak to us and help us pray. 


No comments: