Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

God fills us with kindness every morning!


When I read over the Liturgy this morning, what struck me was a verse from Psalm 90: "Fill us at daybreak with your kindness, that we may shout for joy and gladness all our days." God does fill us with his kindness every morning. Why are we not out there shouting for joy?
I fly to St. Louis today for a week to see my friends there and visit places of my childhood. I am also the one planning our 60th anniversary of our graduation from the Academy of the Sacred Heart in St. Charles. St. Philippine Duchesne opened the first school there in 1818 and is buried on the grounds now so it is a place of pilgrimage. She was a great pioneer and her spirit lives on in the education still given there.
I will be writing a blog daily, I hope, but know that you will understand if I do miss a day or so as it is more difficult when away and having to use a computer that may or may not be available.
Today is also the celebration of the martyrs of Uganda. Let us pray for Africa!

No comments: