Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2009

Devotion to the Sacred Heart


This morning I went to look for something I wanted to put into the blog about Devotion to the Sacred Heart and found that I could not remember where the quote was so I am going with another thought that the Heart of Christ is the symbol of God's love for us and that God loves each of us personally. I am reviewing the history of the Devotion for another project and again came across the exchange of hearts that the mystics so often experienced. Ignatius would agree with the concept of exchange - my heart so full of selfish love for God's Heart, full of true love, His generosity for my lack, etc. Anyway, I came across the idea of transparency yesterday twice in my readings and find that the Holy Spirit is pursuing the idea of being transparent with God, with myself, and with others.

No comments: