Search This Blog

Monday, November 16, 2009

Resting in God gives energy!


This is a picture of an older Philippine Duchesne. I am just amazed at all she did and think the saints must have draw energy from prayer. I find myself even getting more energy after Centering Prayer and so I guess it is something that really does happen in prayer. I do know that nothing goes right for me the day I do not have at least an hour of prayer in the morning. Sometimes it seems that I just sit there and it is very poor prayer but it does seem to transform the day. Now, if only I were as faithful to find the time for prayer in the afternoon. Well, reading Philippine's life has called me to look deeply into my own.

Yesterday I was up at 5:30, prayed, showered and dressed and went out to get some breakfast. I met one of my community who was still in her bathrobe. She asked me where I was going as I had been to Mass the evening before and this was Sunday! Wow! I thought it was Monday and so had the entire day to do nothing!

No comments: