Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2009

We do not know the day or the hour...


Today's liturgy is reminding us that we do not know when the end is coming; heaven and earth shall pass away, but the word of God will not pass away. No one except God knows when- we just need to be prepared. The end of the liturgical year brings the thought of what used to be called "the four last things" - death, judgment, heaven or hell- before us so that we think seriously about how our lives are being lived in preparation for a future. We will be celebrating the Kingship of Christ as a fitting end to the Liturgical Year and then we being again with the beautiful season of Advent.

I am still deep into the life of Mother Duchesne who had so much to suffer. She was so selfless and humble and still a wonderful example for all of us.

Before I end today, I want you to know that you can now buy the marvelous book in paperback on Amazon.com called "The Life and Letters of Janet Erskine Stuart" - I hope all my readers will have their own copy and enjoy the wonderful prose as well as the deep and simple spirituality of this terrific English woman. I am ordering two copies today for Christmas gifts. It is a great book and one I often read over and over again.

No comments: