Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back Home and enjoying Miami


I had a great time in Naples and it was so good to see my sister, my brother-in-law, and my friend. The entire building (Joan owns the condo on the 19th floor) was without heat for the three days I was there, but it had been fixed by the time I left. It was fun though and we did drive over to see the new little town of Ave Maria and the new University. It is amazing how well planned it is and how lovely the architecture, but it is in the middle of nowhere. We drove on an almost empty road for miles (it is only an hour and maybe twenty minutes from Naples) and there was no place to ask if we were getting near, but finally we saw a sign and went another three miles to find this beautiful place. The church was impressive.

I am home but only until Friday when we go to Houston for a Quad Area meeting. We enjoy getting together every January and missed doing this last year because of the Assembly last summer.

Some have told me just to keep writing whatever comes to mind in this blog. I hope I can give something to reflect on each time from my own reflections.
Here is a quote from Janet Stuart:
"It seems to me that the simple life is the property of those who are advancing in age, rather than the quality of the young; and this is a consideration not discouraging to the young, but encouraging both to young and old; for we can all become old, but we cannot become young."

No comments: