Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

From the Bottom of the Pond


Today I want to introduce you to a small book that has been on my shelf and which I have used off and on for prayer; I just realized that I had not added it to my list of books for good spiritual reading and will do that today. The book is by Simon Small and is "From the Bottom of the Pond: The forgotten art of experiencing God in the depths of the present moment." It is simply written and has some good, basic ideas about contemplation. I liked the title and bought the book on the recommendation of a friend from Scotland. The author is not saying anything new, but it is good to hear him say it in a practical way. Simon Small has some good stories that are from real life and ones that I can easily relate to and enjoy. Having said that, I find that it is not a book I have marked up or taken quotes from, but it is a book that I go back to for some basic thought about contemplation.

No comments: