Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Giving thanks for todays feasts and the entire universe


Check this site out for Thanksgiving!
http://www.thebranch.org/videos/Creation_Calls.mov

The video is spectacular and has many pictures and sound so I hope you can watch it. Today is the feast of Christ the King and marks the last Sunday of the Liturgical Year. Next Sunday we begin Advent and so this week is one of Thanksgiving for the good we see around us, the beauty of our world, and for the many graces we have received this year. It is also the feast of the presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the founding of the Society of the Sacred Heart dates back to this day in 1800 so we are celebrating a 210 year birthday today. Let us pray for all who have gone before us!

"Kingdom of the Heart of Jesus, be established in my heart" is the next invocation in the Litany and very fitting as it coincides with today's feast; I see this as a special intervention of the Lord as the truth is the invocation each day has been just right and a big help to me during these last weeks to keep me in the presence of Jesus in all the odd moments as well as during my formal times for prayer. I finish the Litany on Thanksgiving Day! I think I need to copy it all here for you to have it the day after Thanksgiving. I might, and probably will, begin it again then and keep it during Advent as I have found it so helpful!

No comments: