Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Silence



Yesterday my invocation from the Litany of the Sacred Heart was "Sacred Heart of Jesus, to your silence I unite myself." I guess I was trying to live with this all day and failed to write my blog!! I went to the University for Mass, centering prayer, faith-sharing, and visits with close friends there; then I went grocery shopping and that always takes me longer than I think it will; then, after dinner, our computer was being used by one of the community so I just did not write but do think I spent time with Jesus contemplating his silence and keeping silence, too!

Today's invocation is Sacred Heart of Jesus, to your humility, I unite myself.
It is a good one to have for the First Friday of the month and I hope that I will be able to stay with this phrase today as I have some humble tasks to accomplish around the house. As most of you know, I am also trying to write the life of one of our great pioneer religious who spent over thirty years with the Potawatomi Indians. I have a copy of the journal that was kept in French that gives an account of the mission and her life and it is in very small, beautiful penmanship. I also have other sources and it takes time to try to weave in all the interesting details. I must confess that I did make an outline of Chapters and then decided to start with Chapter 4 which is on the foundation of our mission in Sugar Creek. I have so much material that I thought it would be easier to begin writing this chapter first. Lucile was very humble; may she help me today to stay united to the Heart of Jesus and especially to unite myself to the humility of the Heart of Jesus who told us to learn of Him for, as He said, "I am meek and humble of heart."

No comments: