Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Mardi Gras Party


My community is giving a party this afternoon with a King's cake that two of the community are struggling to bake as I write this. I am not sure what I am to do but think I am to prepare a prayer and then we will have supper together and find out who gets the baby hidden in the cake; that person will then prepare a party for everyone else. We are just inviting RSCJs and it is good to gather for fun before Lent. I suppose the party will be either on St. Patrick's Day or will be after Easter. I am going to take time in prayer today to seriously map out a plan with Jesus for this Lent. I know that He is asking me for more discipline in my life about finding the time and energy to write, but I need to pray about how this will be in my daily life that seems to be so full without me accomplishing much. I am counting on the Holy Spirit to help me.
I think this year I need some very concrete resolutions but I do want them to be what Jesus wants for me this Lent and not just what I want.

No comments: