Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Rest


I remember when Sunday was really a day of leisure; now people do all their grocery shopping, washing, numerous errands and do not realize that we now do not take off one day a week to spend more time with God, ourselves, and others. I think that Jesus pushing out the animals and moneychangers from the Temple patio has something to tell us today.
I read a quote from Abraham Lincoln that I liked: "Tis better to keep silence and be thought a fool, than to speak and leave no doubt about it." I am trying to remember this from memory and may not have it just perfect, but I am thinking I need to keep silence and just let God be God today.
We are now getting up in the dark and eating supper with the sun still in the sky.
Have you gone out these days to look at Venus and Jupiter? Both planets are very visible and beautiful and a source of awe and wonder!

No comments: