Search This Blog

Friday, June 8, 2012

The Spirit unites us to Jesus

We are still looking at # 21 on Prayer from the Constitutions of the Society of the Sacred Heart - I will again copy it here and then comment:


21.

The Spirit dwelling within us
gradually transforms us, enabling us
through His power to remove whatever
hinders His action.
The Spirit unites and conforms us to Jesus
and makes us sensitive to His presence
within ourselves, in others and in all that happens.
Thus we learn to contemplate reality
and to experience it with His Heart,
to commit ourselves to the service of the Kingdom
and to grow in love:
"Have this mind among yourselves
which was in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 2:5).

We are called to live united and conformed to the Heart of Christ. It is the Spirit who makes this possible. How grateful, attentive, and appreciative must I then be for the gift of the Spirit and His presence in my life! Have I a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit who lives in me?
It is the Spirit who makes us sensitive to the  presence of Jesus; I actually can learn to be conscious of the Presence of Jesus in me, in others and in all that happens but this is a gift of the spirit.
My sister always tells me that  there are no coincidences with God! We need to believe in the action of the Holy Spirit  and look for His presence in all.  

No comments: