Search This Blog

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Feast of St. Philippine Duchesne

Philippine is still very present to the Religious of the Sacred Heart all over the world. She used to pray all night and journey through the world; her interests were for all the places that still needed to hear God's Word and feel the love of the Heart of Jesus.
One of our Religious wrote a letter from Philippine and I thought that might be a good way to celebrate her feast; I think I will try a dialog with her and see what happens - this will not be published as I suspect it is too personal for my blog. I find it helpful to have a conversation with Jesus or Our Lady sometimes and try to write it down and I did one with St. Madeleine Sophie but have not done this with Philippine. I suspect I would want her to be free to tell me whatever she thinks would be helpful. I suspect she would say to me, "Please be a bit more specific."

I am going around now and saying over and over "Jesus, thank you for sharing your risen life." This seems to give me joy and so I pass it on as a suggestion to you and do try having a conversation with Philippine.

I wanted to schedule this for tomorrow and was not able to do so; maybe Philippine wanted you to have this a day early or, in her humility, wanted to keep Sunday as the more important feast  - I like celebrating Philippine on the 17th because that was her feast before her canonization.

No comments: