Search This Blog

Friday, January 4, 2013

First Friday

Today, I left the gym class a few minutes early saying to a friend that it was First Friday and I needed to go early to church to get a parking place. She immediately wanted to know what was different about First Friday. How to explain quickly about Our Lord appearing to St. Margaret Mary, showing her His Heart and asking that all would go to Mass and Communion on the first Friday of each month. From this, as devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus spread, came the devotion to receive Communion on the "First Friday" and the noon Mass at the church I go to is usually well attended on week days, but on the First Friday of each month, the parking lot overflows. After the Mass, the Blessed Sacrament is exposed for adoration. I am amazed at the number of people who stay and really pray. Anyway, I am quite late in writing my blog today and thought I would just say something about the First Friday devotion. It was and is a special day in all of our schools.

No comments: