Search This Blog

Friday, July 5, 2013

Teach us your ways, O Lord

We trust that God will teach us His ways and that is one reason to seek solitude and silence so He can speak to us! This picture was in my file as "Teach me your ways, O Lord..." and it reminds me of the desert in the north of Chile. I lived there in the poorest region just a short walk from the desert on one side and, on the other, I could stand on our cliff and see the ocean. Both speak to me of God. Both are places where I listen to God and know that He is with me in a special way when I am able to be silent and solitary. I am desiring my retreat which will be on the ocean this year from July 17-24. Sometimes the morning is foggy and one can see nothing but that seems to help me pray just as much as the sun sparkling on the beautiful Pacific ocean. In the meantime, I find that the silence and solitude of my morning prayer is an invitation to just be with God and let Him act. We surrender ourselves and wait in silence...Remember, God is always with us even if we do not feel His presence! "Be still and know that I am God!"
For a great First Friday reflection please go to our webpage: www.rscj.org

No comments: