Search This Blog

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Welcome is a gift to be given as well as receive

I love to welcome people to our community home. I love to be welcomed also in the homes of others.
I think Jesus loves to be welcomed into our hearts each morning anew. We leave the door open so He is always welcome, but He waits for the little attentions that we give our guests and often may forget to offer Jesus. How do I greet Him each morning? I am aware that He waits for me. Is my head still full of what I heard yesterday or thinking of today's plans or do I make a real effort to just be present to my beloved guest?
I am leaving early Tuesday for California and will only be back the 8th of August. If a computer is easily available, I will perhaps post something while away, but know that I will certainly be back to the daily postings as of August 12, just to give me time to settle in at home and answer the e-mail that does pile up.
I will be taking part in a Spirituality Forum with about 200 others from July 10 to 14. I will have some time to visit with my friends at our retirement home before and after my retreat (July 17-24 is when I beg your prayer for my retreat); then I will return to the hospitable community in Redwood City that welcomes me so lovingly each year; then, on the 28th I visit our community at the University of San Diego and see friends. The first week of August I will be with my sister and her husband on Coronado and my brother is also coming for a few days. Then home, arriving around midnight on August 8.
I hope to post a few times in this blog, but often do not when away but do look and use the links to other great blogs and prayer resources that are on the side of my blog.
May you all have a great summer! Keep the door of your heart always open for Jesus and those who need your love!!

In case you would like to pray in union with the United States-Canada Province - this is the prayer that Barb Dawson asked all to pray as they met to finalize the merger of the two into one province:




Leader:                For all that we have,

All:                       We thank you, bountiful God.

Leader:                For all that we have had,

All:                       We thank you bountiful God.

Leader:                For all that we will have,.

All:                       We thank you bountiful God.

Leader:                For what we are,

All:                       We thank you bountiful God.

Leader:                For what we have been,

All:                       We thank you bountiful God.

Leader:                For what we can be,

All:                       We thank you bountiful God.

Leader:                For what we will be,

All:                       We thank you bountiful God.


                                                                             Amen
 

No comments: