Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Dating God

It has been some time since I have found a new spiritual book to talk about and so I was delighted to receive a book from one of my directees last night. It is "Dating God: Live and Love in the way of St. Francis by Daniel P. Horan, O.F.M. and was published by the Franciscan Media in 2012. Now, I have not yet read this book but love the idea of having some dates with God. The author thinks that the experience of dating helps us to develop our relationship with God. I just throw this out for your reflection but my imagination has already set up a date with Jesus and it proved very fruitful. I am still loving the book "Jesus: An Historical Approximation" by Jose Pagola and have urged many this summer to read it. Several have told me how much they love it and how it has made Jesus come closer. Maybe we just need to set up daily dates with the Lord!
Tomorrow is the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and a holy day. Let us try to spend it with Mary and please do pray that my intention to begin writing the life of one of our pioneer Religious starts off well tomorrow and continues every day until the book is finished! It needs prayer to get me started!

No comments: