Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Feast of the Queenship of Mary

This picture is really Our Lady of Grace - I did not look for the one where she is depicted as Queen as I rather like this one. I still think of the 22nd of August as a very special feast of Our Lady. For years it was the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and one of our great feasts. It was also a special holiday for us as novices and one that we looked forward to each summer.
Here is the prayer for the Mass: "O God, who made the Mother of your Son to be our Mather and our Queen, graciously grant that, sustained by her intercession, we may attain in the heavenly Kingdom the glory promised to your children."
I will be going to the noon Liturgy at the University tomorrow and having Spiritual Direction - it is good to look back over the summer and see the graces given and also my own efforts to cooperate with grace. It was a grace-filled summer! I guess I hate to see it end but schools have begun and all are back to the daily duties done, I hope, with joy and love!

No comments: