Search This Blog

Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Dawn of a New Day, A New Week

This picture always gives me joy! The sun always arrives no matter how dark the night! I am thinking of both Mater today and this Sunday's Gospel which has the woman pleading for justice from the unjust judge who finally gives in because he is afraid she will do him harm. Jesus tells us that God is going to hear us but we must have faith and keep on "bothering" God with our insistence in pleading for justice in our world that is so full of injustice.
May this give us joy today - I hope Sarah does not mind me sharing this excerpt that was on the internet:

No matter what your circumstances may be, you can find Joy in My presence. On some days Joy is generously strewn along your life-path... other days are overcast and gloomy... yet Joy is still attainable. Search for it as for hidden treasure
Begin by remembering that I have created this day; it is not a chance occurrence. Recall that I am present with you... then, start talking with Me. Awareness of My marvelous Companionship can infuse Joy into the grayest day.
Psalm 21:6; Proverbs 2:4
Daily devotional excerpt from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.
  May your day be sunny and full of joy!

No comments: