Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The name we bear



I have been thinking about what the Feast of the Sacred Heart means for me today. I entered for this feast 65 years ago and I knew it was the big feast for the Society of the Sacred Heart, but I am not sure I grasped what a wonderful feast it is where we celebrate the immense love of Jesus for each one of us. There are different readings according to the cycle of the Liturgy and the feast is always the Friday after the Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ. Jesus gives us Himself in the Eucharist and then gives His life for us. How can we ever doubt His love?

When we speak of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, we are really speaking of Jesus, not just His Heart. On the other hand, it is a great symbol for us of His love. It means a great deal to me to know that the soldier who pierced the Heart of Jesus led to early devotion to His Sacred Heart. The mystics found the entrance and lost themselves there in prayer. I have learned to enter His Heart and just be there.
It has been a grace to be a Religious of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. We are called to enter into His Heart, to draw out all that we need and to give His Love to others.

No comments: