Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2016

God is so generous

I am finally able to connect again on my I-pad. When I visit my sister, there is a great deal to be done.
I went with her to pick up three at ate airport and then to the meeting of the Sacred Heart alums and then there was a luncheon. Betty had taken gifts for different people as she is President now of the group.. We were 36 and they are impressive and from schools from all over, but all have such good memories of the education they received from us.
I missed the Quad area meeting but hear is something I copied from one of the prayers sent me:


Quad Meeting Morning Prayer
Saturday, January 16, 2015 
New Orleans, LA

Presider:The Lord be with you.
All:And with your spirit.
Presider:Let us praise God for ordinary time.
All:And praise God for gathering us together.

A morning reflection from Teilhard de Chardin:
Do you now therefore, speaking through my lips, pronounce over this earthly travail your twofold efficacious word: the word without which all that our wisdom and our experience have built up must totter and crumblethe word through which all our most far-reaching speculations and our encounter with the universe are come together into a unity. Over every living thing which is to spring up, to grow, to flower, to ripen during this day say again the words: This is my Body. And over every death-force which waits in readiness to corrode, to wither, to cut down, speak again your commanding words which express the supreme mystery of faith: This is my Blood.    (Hymn of the Universe)

Silence 
Reading 2: 
When an almond tree became covered with blossoms in the heart of winter, all the trees around it began to jeer. 'What vanity,' they screamed, 'what insolence! Just think, it believes it can bring spring in this way!' The flowers of the almond tree blushed for shame. 'Forgive me, my sisters,' said the tree. 'I swear I did not want to blossom, but suddenly I felt a warm springtime breeze in my heart.” 
Nikos Kazantzakis, Saint Francis

Short silent espacio
Leader: If God gave us only one day of life
All:it would have been very generous
Leader:If God gave us only one fall or springtime
All:it would have been very generous
Leader:If God gave us but one day of laughter
All: it would have been very generous
Leader:If God gave us but one meal served in a secure home
All:it would have been very generous
Leader:If God gave us only one friend to share the journey of life with
All:it would have been very generous
Leader:If God gave us only one chance to thank our families, and heroes and
                             colleagues for their help along the way
All:it would have been very generous
Leader:But God has given us more than all these things.
All:And so we thank you, for life and time, for sun and storm, 
for laughter and tears, for all that has made up the fabric of
                                 our lives. We praise you above all for your very self, poured
                                 out in the Heart of Christ, our Hope.  Amen.

Sing:     Taize antiphon  Laude omnes gentes” (twice) 

No comments: