Search This Blog

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Prayer needed



Last Sunday was very hot so no Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. We used to have this all day on Sundays but now only for an hour. It is lovely to have almost all of us in the Chapel for an hour of silent adoration. I usually review my week with Jesus as well as pray for our world. When I first came to Oakwood I was inspired to just go around and invite others for silent prayer together on Friday afternoons. It is optional but about twenty or more show up at least for the last half hour before we have our Happy Hour Supper at 5:00 on Fridays.

You may be assured that I often take all the readers of this blog to prayer with me in the Chapel each afternoon. I have been so concerned about the hurricanes and the earthquake that I am storming heaven for all those suffering; having lived through several hurricanes and earthquakes, I know what it is like and I feel for those who are experiencing them now. Florida, having been my home for over thirty years, is filling my thoughts as I write this.

No comments: