Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter Monday



This day is a holiday in many countries or at least it is a day to continue the joy of Easter. No school here all week! I love the forty days after Easter because I think the Lord wants us to share His joy and He goes around consoling us in different ways. It is a time to enjoy the gifts He has given us: the people around us, the sunshine, the flowers, the April showers (hope we have many as California still needs more rainfall), and the longer days. 

We had a beautiful Easter Liturgy yesterday followed by a festive dinner. I think one feels the joy of the Risen Lord here and I am just grateful to be in such a wonderful place. Our patio outside my window is blooming with lovely flowers; the tulips just seem to appear as soon as the trees turn green. I am still thinking of the Liturgy yesterday and the Easter vigil. I was struck by a line in one of the readings that said we are blessed because we know what is pleasing to God.

No comments: