Search This Blog

Friday, July 20, 2018

The Blessed Trinity and Interior Life



Even while reading and praying over the wonderful document on holiness given us by Pope Francis, I have been finding that my own prayer is much more a surrender to the Holy Trinity. It is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit who dwell in each of us. As a Religious of the Sacred Heart, most of my life of prayer has been concentrated on Jesus who so loves us; now Jesus is taking me to a new consciousness of the indwelling of the Holy Trinity. As I really do think our interior life is more interesting than our exterior, I am looking for ways to express the ways our inner lives have developed and are now strong and the most important part of our lives. I think we need to go back over our lives and see how God has been leading us - not just exteriorly, but interiorly. The interior life is definitely the most important.
It takes prayer and reflection to get in touch with our own interior history. It is a good project for the rest of the summer. I suggest a journal to jot down anything that comes to us and I am sure the Holy Spirit will bring some important moments in our interior life back into our consciousness if we spend this time in silent reflection. Let us try it!

No comments: