Search This Blog

Friday, March 22, 2019

God is never in a hurry

This is a picture of Iceland. Sometimes a picture captures me. I begin to use my imagination and get carried away. Actually, I am now trying to concentrate on the Lenten readings. I am using as I mentioned before, Judy Cannato's Quantum Grace: Lenten Reflections on Creation and Connectedness. Here is what she says for the Third Sunday of Lent in the first paragraph:

"God is never in a hurry. Even when the need is urgent, the Holy One doesn't rush, but manifests as a divine Patience that allows us freedom to learn hard lessons and discover the truth through the mistakes we have made."

I guess that made me stop and think of the many times I have wanted to hurry God. He will not be hurried and teaches me to have patience. Really, patience is one virtue that is hard for me to practice. I am mostly impatient with myself. God works slowly and keeps showing me His desire for me to slow down, too. I do not need to do today what can easily be put off for tomorrow. That sounds like heresy to me, but a wonderful Religious once told us that she found time for prayer in front of the Blessed Sacrament just by reminding herself that she could postpone many things until the next day. I sometime think I am a procrastinator, yet God is telling me to slow down and enjoy the present moment.

No comments: