Search This Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Slow me down, Lord

I took this off of our bulletin board as it seems worth sharing, especially as I have been hearing from others ever since I had pneumonia that I had to slow down.

Slow Me Down, Lord

Amidst the confusion of my day,
give me the calmness of the everlasting hills. Teach me the art of taking minute vacations, of slowing down to look at a flower, to chat with a friend, to pat a dog, to read from a good book. Remind me to look upward at the towering oak, and know that it grew tall and strong because it grew slowly and well. Slow me down, Lord.

Now, I hope I am taking time to contemplate the flowers as I have begun walking each day. I also had the inspiration in prayer to use my I-pad only in the evening as I am spending too much time on it playing games. I love playing Words with Friends, Scrabble, and even doing the jigsaw puzzles, but I am going to cut back and use my Bible instead of my Bible app until the end of Lent - at least I am going to try to do this; I think I am attached to the I-pad!

No comments: