Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Twenty-fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time

The Responsorial Psalm for this Sunday is "Praise the Lord, who lifts up the poor."
 The Gospel (Luke 16:1-13) is the story of the dishonest manager. The reflection at the end in my Give Us This Day asks us to look into our hearts and discover what towers atop your list of goals. See where God stands on the list, where money, power, fame, whatever. Then, "take the IOU you have with God, rip it up, write a new one--this time not less but more, this time in tune with the command of the Old Testament and New: 'I shall love the Lord my God with all my heart, all my soul, all my mind, all my strength.' And while you are at it, you might as well add: 'And I shall love others, all others, as I love myself.'"



No comments: