Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2019

Joining the Trinity

Yesterday I did not get to my computer at all. I am still recovering from my cold, but also preparing for the Halloween Party that is tomorrow at 2:00. I always get the entire community at Westwood to dress up and perform for the community, staff, and their families. We have won first prize for the past three years, but this time I am not sure. We are only going to be seven this year; I thought of the seven days of the week and so we are going to sing and act out the old nursery song and then have an encore prepared that I think will be well received. We are dressing as pumpkins!

Well, for something a bit more spiritual, I have been using a book called Experiencing the Trinity by Darrell W. Johnson. It is an old book but I just discovered it. Johnson is or was at the time he wrote the book, an Associate Professor of Pastoral Theology at Regent College in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The Third Chapter is "Joining the Trinity: Becoming Co-Lovers of God." I keep going back to some thoughts from that idea of being a "co-lover of God." More on this tomorrow, I hope. 

No comments: