Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Envisioning and Engendering an Open World

 The Third Chapter of the Pope's Encyclical is entitled: "Envisioning and Engendering an Open World".

Here are some of the phases that seem to stick with me in a first reading: "I communicate effectively with myself insofar as I communicate with others." (Gabriel Marcel)

#88 "In the depths of every heart, love creates bonds and expands existence, for it draws people out of themselves and towards others."

Love must grow beyond family and nation to include strangers and all people--into a friendship where the worth of every person is acknowledged. We need to recognize the inherent dignity of every person and we need to make sure that each person has what is necessary to live with dignity. 

I guess we have much to be done right here in our own country. We have people who are homeless, cold, hungry, and we have refugees held in cages and treated inhumanly.



No comments: