Search This Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Feast of St. Teresa of Avila

 This is always a special feast for me, especially since I had the grace to teach a course on Teresa and John of the Cross in Spain one summer and could visit Avila and other places. Teresa is a Doctor of the Church, a mystic who also managed to reform her Order of Carmelites, found seventeen convents, and wrote four books. Her Interior Castle is a classic. 

Here is a quote from her: "In light of heaven, the worst suffering on earth will be seen to be no more serious than one night in an inconvenient hotel."

One of the first Powerpoint presentations I ever created was on Teresa and the Interior Castle. 

I was thinking that this Thanksgiving it would be nice to send love notes to all family members thanking them for all the good they do in so many ways. I shall begin making lists soon for when I am grateful, I am also joyful.



No comments: