Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2021


 Before I continue with thoughts from Bill Barry, SJ, I want to share something sent to me. It is by Roy Lessin and worth reflecting on as we are still at the beginning of a new year. 

"Just think, you're here not by chance, but by God's blessing.

His hand formed you and made you the person you are.

He compares you to no one else-- you are one of a kind.

You lack nothing that His grace can't give you.

He has allowed you to be here at this time in history

to fulfill His special purpose for this generation."


I am more and more convinced that His special purpose for each of us it to let God love us and then pass His love on to others.

I read that it might be good to just take a word to keep in mind rather than make a resolution for the New Year. An amazingly long list of words was then given as suggestions. My word was not there but I think it came from the Holy Spirit when thinking of what kind of year God wants from me - the word  "Docility" jumped into my mind so I am now hoping and trying to have a year of docility to the Holy Spirit. 

1 comment:

Bryan Froehle said...

Helen, This is beautiful. And I have some news to share! Please email me at froehleb@gmail.com. Bryan Froehle